RIMG0796 copy DSC_0174 R0019371 copy Cendol Lebuh Presgrave...R0017216 copy Oh Chien/oyster omelette lorong selamat...R0017242 copy R0018821 copy RIMG0522 copy 2012-09-12 20.00.24 copy R0021026 copy

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ipoh Hor Fun - Damansara Perdana

This place was where I first tried the Ipoh hor fun and I used to enjoy eating there. But I guess I have changed or improved? :D

I rarely order the dry type but since I was in the mood for something different, I went for this instead. I didn't like it though. I think I will go back to the clear soup hor fun. The hor fun wasn't very smooth and all stuck together. Maybe I took too long to take photos?
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019420 copy

The chicken was really really fat. While it was tender, for something this fat, I expect it to be really really tender! I hated the oyster sauce. Felt like there was tons of MSG in it. Sure enough, as soon as I finished eating, the MSG-induced thirst started kicking in!
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019424 copy
By now, I think I have a clear preference of the type of  poached chicken I like. That would be the type in 15 Tower, Ipoh - not the most tender, but it has nice texture and flavour to it.

Look at how much fat I trimmed out! Yuck!
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019434 copy

The bean sprouts were way too soggy and not very crunchy! Really sub par!
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019427 copy

I ordered shrimp wanton as well. Only about half of the wantons were crunchy while the rest were not. Didn't taste very fresh!
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019429 copy

The four items above, together with a glass of hot Chinese tea, cost me RM12!!!

I personally think taste and price wise, this outlet is far behind the one in TTDI.


Price list
taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019436 copy

taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019437 copy

taugeh chicken, nga choi kai, nga choy kai, bean sprout chicken, ipoh hor fun, damansara perdana R0019439 copy

Google Map:

GPS Coordinate: 3.166534,101.607115


View Larger Map

LinkWithin