RIMG0796 copy DSC_0174 R0019371 copy Cendol Lebuh Presgrave...R0017216 copy Oh Chien/oyster omelette lorong selamat...R0017242 copy R0018821 copy RIMG0522 copy 2012-09-12 20.00.24 copy R0021026 copy

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Prawn mee - Soon Lee @ Jln Ipoh

A couple of days ago, my fingers got itchy and I googled: best prawn mee in KL. Soon Lee was what came out as the first hit. Needless to say, I went and checked out the place as soon as I could! The actual spelling should be Sun Lee though according to what's on a T shirt in the second last photo in this post.

You can help yourself with the chili in a container with lid. I added more than one spoonful!
prawn mee, prawn noodle, har mee, har meen, hokkien mee, hokkien noodle, Soon Lee, Jalan Ipoh R0019526 copy

Quite a few thick slices of pork, some halved shrimps, and slices of hard boiled egg. Didn't see much deep fried shallot though. The soup was very nice. Definitely the best I have tried in KL/PJ so far. RM5 for a small bowl. A small here is equivalent to normal size elsewhere the way I see it.
prawn mee, prawn noodle, har mee, har meen, hokkien mee, hokkien noodle, Soon Lee, Jalan Ipoh R0019521 copy
I think I will go there more often whenever I feel like having nice prawn mee!

I also ordered char kway teow. Again, the flat noodle wasn't as narrow and thin as I would have prefered, but the taste was still okay overall.

RM5 for small.
R0019534 copy char kway teow, char kuey teow, char kueh teow, char kuay teow, char koay teow

R0019541 copy char kway teow, char kuey teow, char kueh teow, char kuay teow, char koay teow

prawn mee, prawn noodle, har mee, har meen, hokkien mee, hokkien noodle, Soon Lee, Jalan Ipoh  R0019517 copy

I saw photos of HK celebrities that have visited this hawker stall. Only recognized Kenny Bee, Eric Tsang chi wai though, and a couple more whose faces I know, but not the names :D. You can view bigger version here.
prawn mee, prawn noodle, har mee, har meen, hokkien mee, hokkien noodle, Soon Lee, Jalan Ipoh R0019520 copy

This place is quite easy to find as it's one of the many roadside stalls in the wai sek gai close to the Jalan Ipoh/Jalan Kepong roundabout. You can see this block of flat/apartment across the road from this Soon Lee stall. There is also a Petronas next to the apartment.

prawn mee, prawn noodle, har mee, har meen, hokkien mee, hokkien noodle, Soon Lee, Jalan Ipoh  R0019542 copy

GPS Coordinate: 3.202675,101.672928

Opens in the evening only. I was there on a Sunday at around 430pm and it was quite full!

Google Map:

View Larger Map

LinkWithin